After days of driving through extremely dry conditions, entering Whiskeytown National Recreation Area offered the water-filled views I had been craving. By no means was the area void of drought conditions. The park simply offered a glimpse into a more wet and lush environment.
Top Five Hikes + Places to Explore
- Brandy Creek Falls Trail - this moderate 3 mile hike takes you to the cascading Brandy Creek Falls.
- James K. Carr Trail - a 3.4 mile hike to Whiskeytown Falls, a 220 foot waterfall.
- Kanaka Peak Trail - a more difficult 7 mile hike to Kanaka Peak.
- Salt Creek Loop Trail - a short and easy 1.8 mile hike along an old mining wagon road.
- Whiskeytown Lake - enjoy 36 miles of shoreline and ample water activities.
Tell me all about your favorite hikes and places to explore in Whiskeytown National Recreation Area!