Tuzigoot National Monument is a lovely, quick drive from Sedona, Arizona. I spent the afternoon exploring the ruins, before a bit of rain and snow fell across the area. In addition to the ruins, the surrounding landscapes and mountain views are absolutely stunning. Definitely save extra time for exploring in your hiking shoes.
Top Five Hikes + Places to Explore
- 110 Room Pueblo - a 1/3 mile trail guides you through the remains of this amazing structure.
- Tavasci Marsh Overlook - an easy half mile trail takes you to the scenic overlook.
- Tavasci Marsh Trail - a one mile trail is located at the end of Flycatcher Road. This is a shared use trail.
- Verde River - for now, enjoy the river view while driving into the park and from the scenic views. Much of the river resides on private land.
- Winter Bird Walks - a great opportunity to enjoy the weather during cooler months and a variety of bird sightings.
What are some of your favorite spots in Tuzigoot National Monument?