Nebraska was the final continental state on my list to visit. Niobrara National Scenic River was a lovely area and a perfect introduction to Nebraska. Filled with waterfalls, sandstone cliffs, numerous hikes and beautiful views, this scenic river is definitely worth exploring.
Top Five Hikes + Places to Explore
- Float the River - the best way to experience the river is in a canoe, kayak, raft or tube.
- Berry Bridge - offers a great view of the river and a family owned campground is nearby.
- Berry Falls - a small waterfall along the Niobrara River, east of Valentine.
- River Road - paved and unpaved road along the Niobrara River. May be impassable on the unpaved portion when wet.
- Smith Falls - the tallest waterfall in Nebraska at 63 feet.
Tell me all about your favorite spots along the Niobrara National Scenic River in the comments below!