Finding myself above the tree line, enjoying near and distant waterfalls, unexpected rainbows and bears scurrying across the road all made Caribou-Targhee National Forest a memorable stop on my around the country road trip. An absolutely fantastic place.
Top Five Hikes + Places to Explore
- Grand Targhee Ski Area – all the expected snow activities during winter, with festivals, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding during warmer months. Plus amazing views of Grand Teton.
- Lower Mesa Falls – a more distant view of the waterfall, from above the tree line.
- Minnetonka Cave – nine rooms over the course of a half mile. The cave is open during summer months.
- Teton Scenic Byway – 69 mile scenic drive, with the Teton Mountain Range in clear view.
- Upper Mesa Falls – enjoy an easy boardwalk trail located at the top of the waterfall.
Tell me all about your favorites in Caribou-Targhee National Forest!