Visiting Talladega National Forest was my quickest in and out moment in nature.
While heading to the Lake Chinnabee Recreation Area, a police officer motioned for me to pull over. He informed me a potentially dangerous man was in the woods and a search was underway.
So, I left.
Hopefully I will find myself in the area again for a longer visit to check out a few of these spots.
Recommended Hikes + Places to Explore
- Cave Creek Trail – a 4 mile trail located in the Cheaha Wilderness.
- Cheaha Wilderness – just over 7,000-acres, this wilderness area offers many beautiful overlooks and hiking opportunities.
- Chinnabee Silent Trail – a six mile trail by waterfalls.
- Lake Chinnabee Recreation Area – a peaceful, 17-acre lake close to the Cheaha Wilderness.
- Skyway Loop Trail – a six mile trail offering a taste of wilderness and solitude.
- Talladega Scenic Drive – a 29 mile scenic ride along State Route 281.
Have you made your way to Talladega National Forest recently? I would love to hear your favorite spots in the area!