Stopping at Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, in Siuslaw National Forest, was an unplanned brown sign spotting stop. It’s not uncommon for me to see an unexpected park sign and immediately detour off my planned route. Makes road trips even more fun!
Top Five Hikes + Places to Explore
- Cape Perpetua Scenic Area – enjoy endless fog rolling through the jagged shoreline.
- Drift Creek Wilderness – features the Coast Range’s largest rain forest of old growth. A true paradise if you love ferns and moss.
- Marys Peak Scenic Botanical Area – I struggle to resist botanical areas and gardens. The national forest is working to restore historic views and meadows.
- Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area – be blown away by over 40 miles of wind sculpted sand dunes.
- Sand Lake Recreation Area -located along the North Coast, you’ll find sand flats and stunning ocean beaches.
What are some of your favorite spots in Siuslaw National Forest?