Pisgah National Forest, in North Carolina, is quite spectacular. Trees, mountains, waterfalls, rivers, numerous scenic byways and hundreds of miles of trails. So much goodness to explore!
Favorite Hikes + Places to Explore
- Blue Ridge Parkway – another national park unit, providing stunning views and great access points to the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Crabtree Falls – woodland hiking trails and falls, located at milepost 339.5 on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Grandfather Mountain – a scenic drive with hiking, stunning views, a swinging bridge, zoo and fudge shop :)
- Forest Heritage Scenic Byway – travels through the southwestern region of the national forest.
- Linville Gorge Wilderness – an area offering multiple hikes to waterfalls of varying heights. The gorge, from above and below, is awesome.
- Shining Rock Wilderness Area – mountains above 5,000 and 6,000 feet, the Shining Rock Ledge and Pigeon River are all highlights in this area.
Have you been to Pisgah National Forest? If so, what are your favorite areas to explore?