Mount Hood National Forest, in Oregon, greeted me with tall pines, cool temperatures and a foggy mist. I was smiling from ear to ear the entire time.
Top Five Hikes + Places to Explore
- Clackamas Wild and Scenic River – deep in a gorge, surrounded by rocky cliffs.
- Mount Hood Meadows Ski Resort – claimed to be one of the best locations in the Northwest for skiing and snowboarding.
- Timberland Lodge – a National Historic Landmark, handcrafted in the 1930’s and now open to the public as a ski resort with hotel and restaurant.
- Timberline National Historic Trail – a 36.6 mile, near loop trail, inside the Mount Hood Wilderness.
- Timothy Lake Recreation Area – The Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail traverses the eastern side of Timothy Lake.
What are some of your favorite places and hikes in Mount Hood National Forest?