While visiting my sister in Massachusetts, we went for an evening stroll through Lowell National Historical Park. The city was filled with character and industrial beauty while walking along the historic waterways and mills.
Certain areas of this city welcome the buddy system, as is the case in many cities as daylight begins to fade.
Top Five Hikes + Places to Explore
- Heritage Hike – this one mile hike takes you along the Western Canalway.
- Redevelopment Rove – this one mile loop explores the historic mills and canals.
- Riverwalk Ramble – a 1.6 mile walk along the Merrimack, with views from above the Great River Wall.
- Water Boat Tours – these seasonal 90 minute boat tours provide a closer look at the canal system.
- Waterpower Walk – this 1.2 mile walk gives you a close look at the Lowell water system, including lock chambers, gatehouses and dams.
What are some of your favorite spots in Lowell?