Hot Springs National Park was a last minute road trip addition. While gazing at a map, I noticed swinging by was only slightly out of the way :)
My visit was low-key and early in the morning. Strolling along the Grand Promenade and seeing the steamy hot springs was a lovely opportunity to stretch my legs before hopping back in my car.
Top Five Hikes + Places to Explore
- Bathhouse Row National Historic Landmark District – enjoy the eclectic downtown and historic bathhouses.
- Grand Promenade – a half mile trail offering views of historic downtown Hot Springs.
- Hot Springs Mountain Trail – a 1.7 mile trail on Hot Springs Mountain, through hardwood and pine forests.
- Sunset Trail – a 10 mile hike taking you by Ricks Pond, the highest elevation in the park and an abundance of wildflowers when in season.
- Tufa Terrace Trail – a short quarter mile trail with views of large tufa formations, surrounded by steam!
What are you favorite hikes and places to explore in Hot Springs National Park?