My time in Davy Crockett National Forest was brief and refreshing. My legs needed a good stretch and the evening temperatures were lovely.
Favorite Hikes + Places to Explore
- Alabama Creek Wildlife Management Area – a wildlife management area with over 14,000 acres of land.
- Big Slough Wilderness – perfect for solitude and a primitive experience, close to the Neches River.
- Four C National Recreation Trail – a 20 mile trail through diverse forests with a portion traversing the Big Slough Wilderness.
- Neches Bluff Overlook – a beautiful, panoramic view of the Neches River and surrounding hardwood forest.
- Ratcliff Lake Recreation Area – a 45-acre lake, great for boating, camping, picnics, hiking and swimming from the public beach.
Have you visited Davy Crockett National Forest recently? I would love to hear about your favorite spots!