Spring is a lovely time to visit Charles Pinckney National Historic Site, in South Carolina. Green grass and trees beside bright, blooming flowers. An afternoon stroll is perfect for exploring the grounds. My visit was peaceful, quiet and beautiful.
Top Five Hikes + Places to Explore
- Boardwalk – One of my favorite spots in the park, this boardwalk overlooks Wampacheone Creek.
- Historic Road Trace – walk along the original road, once connecting Snee Farm to the public road. You will find yourself beneath beautiful cedars.
- Lowcountry Farmhouse – dated back to circa 1828, this visitor center is filled with information and the surrounding gardens are lovely.
- Nature Trail – a secluded path allows for exploring along a tidal wetland. Do keep an eye out for poison ivy.
- Self Guided Tour – an easy half mile walk takes you by exhibits, describing the house, history and surrounding environment.
Tell me all about your favorite areas in the park, in the comments below :)