The orange, red and yellow leaves were absolutely stunning. On the trees and scattered on the ground!
Top Five Hikes + Places to Explore
- Beaver Meadows Loop – an easy 3 mile trail through wooded areas and over the lake on a floating boardwalk.
- Hearts Content Recreation Area – a perfectly chosen name. Located west of the Hearts Content Scenic Area, a 200-plus acre virgin forest.
- Minister Creek Trailhead – a 6.6 mile trail, starting at the Minister Creek Campground. The moderate trail offers varying terrain as you climb to the plateau in the undeveloped area.
- North Country National Scenic Trail – over 96 miles of scenic trail goes through the forest and many historic lands.
- Rimrock Overlook – take in a scenic view of Kinzua Bay, 200 feet above the parking area.
Would love to hear about your favorite hikes and places to explore in Allegheny National Forest in the comments below!